Friday, May 23, 2008

Nominalization

The majority of the classes that I have taken at OSU are English (I got my "prestigious" Associates' Degree before I came here). In literature, nominalization is used frequently, and it almost always increases wordiness. This makes reading works like, as Zac mentioned, literary criticism difficult and hard to follow.
This class has primarily helped me find my "voice" as a writer. I had very little knowledge of grammar before taking this class. I liked what Dr. B. said on the first day, something along the lines of "students at OSU are much deeper than they may come across, they are just not able to express themselves" (paraphrasing of course). I agree with this. After learning more about grammar in this course, it has helped me better express myself through writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home