Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I noticed nominalization more when I read papers that my peers have written. I don’t think that a lot of people go through and try and edit their own papers. Mistakes are made and are over looked. Students have the mentality of getting things done. A lot of errors are overlooked due to this lack of editing.

I think that a lot of students have trouble with the passive/active voice as well. Since I started taking this class, I have been much more aware of sentence structure. I have found that a lot of the texts books that I read are very abstract. This is very frustrating to me. The books I read for class should make the subject clearer. Instead I find myself dissecting paragraphs to try and figure out what the author is trying to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home