Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kim's cinquain

Whispering
Softly
In the dark
One summer evening
To share thoughts with my best friend
Since we will separate in the morning.


The dissected version:

Whispering (Title -ing + MV)

Softly (adverb)

In the dark (prepositional phrase)

One summer evening (noun phrase)

To share thoughts with my best friend (verb - infinitive)

Since we will separate in the morning. (adverbial clause)


The lines have, starting at the first, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 10 syllables respectively, I believe.

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this too...good imagery

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger feebeef said...

I like the mood you have in this. You follow the pattern well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home